Friday, August 21, 2009

POND MURAL:: Finished!

YAY...finished,finally...not that it was really a HUGE project or that it took that long...but I was eager to see the finished result.
It's been hard photographing this, so you'll have to excuse the amount of pics I have taken...
I have to say thank you to LA for asking me to create this little hide away for their 2 little ones...their very own grassy pond bathroom...where they can go and hand out with their bunny,butterflies or the heron and frogs...
I'm SO pleased that this mirror was across the entire wall...it has allowed the feel of the room to be airy and not to feel overwhelming.
The lotus flowers add a touch of femininity...which softened the room greatly.
I can't wait to hear how their first bath went...I made sure to add as many different colour butterflies as I could...colour games are always great with 2 year olds!
I'm so happy that the trees worked out and weren't too over powering. It's hard sometimes to translate a sketch on paper to the proposed wall...
It did cross my mind to paint the whole room a light blue...but it only crossed it and left very quickly!
Painting is limitless...to your imagination.
I know my birch trees aren't as rugged and realistic as they should...but they're my birch trees, and they work for this bathroom environment.
This frog makes me smile...he looks like a deer caught in head-lights.
One of my favourite parts of the mural...the Blue Heron. He was the first "definite" subject LA wanted in the room.
Thanks for joining me on this weeks journey.
Have a great weekend...I'll pass by and see what you've been up to over the next couple of days...
Now...to sleep.
Night.
Char,On

13 comments:

Silke Powers said...

Oh, Char, it's gorgeous! I love all the little details you have put in this beautiful mural, the heron (love him!!), the frog, the butterflies, birds, dragonflies... What a great place for little ones to hang out and imagine... Hugs, Silke

We Blog Artists said...

Thanks Silke!
It was so much fun to paint...hopefully there will be more like this.
Char

MagicMarkingsArt said...

this mural is so beautiful, I'm sure this will be a much visited bathroom!

Lindsey said...

This is amazing! I love those birch trees. I've never done a mural in a bathroom, I must say...but I am doing a very very simple one at church right now. Well done!

Char said...

this is just so gorgeous...so very gorgeous. every element, every aspect. heavenly

The Stewart Stuff said...

Those are 2 very lucky little kids! I love it!!!

Miss | A said...

oh WOW. turned out GREAT! sooooo cool. You should feel so proud of yourself! I love it. it is so happy.

Julie said...

This is amazing! I can't imagine how much time this must have taken you but it was well worth it. Just stunning!! x

Gabrielle Jones said...

great work! wish I had one to inspire my imagination when I was little.

Intrinsically Florrie said...

Oh it's so lovely! What a fabulous room it is now.

Florrie x

Elle D said...

I adore it! I checked out your fairy mural as well, your work is so sweet (:
♥~L

Cindy said...

i don't think i would ever leave the room! gorgeous!

Amanda D said...

I love this mural! I was searching for ideas for my baby's nursery and I wanted to do a frog theme.. I am inspired! Thanks for posting this.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin