Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Tell ALL Tuesday :: MARIO SUGHI

For those of you who are new to our Blog we bring you Tell ALL Tuesdays,where we have decided to give back to Artists, Crafters, Photographers, Designers...or whomever we feel inspires us on a daily bases...

This week we're bringing you an extremely talented Artist by the name of Mario Sughi.
His paintings have been compared to David Hockney in style...so rich of colour and subject matters which we can all relate to.

He lives in Ireland now but is originally from Italy.

Anyway...lets let Mario answer a few questions...

Tell us a little about the Town you live in.
I have been living in Dublin for 20 years. I love the city (despite all its 100.000 problems. But what place in the universe doesn’t have problems!?). The place where I live now is just about the sea. You couldn’t be any closer to it. It is absolutely beautiful. I love when the storm comes in. Then only five minute walking away I am on the little train, the Dart, that brings me to town. It is a 15 minutes long journey. The pubs in towns are beautiful and the Irish people are great. “You can’t beat the Irish.” They are friendly, clever and funny. They are very intellectual too. Very shrewd no doubts. Town is full of little art galleries these days. A lot of great visual artists. So the competition is very high. And there are three main Fine Arts Museums, including one with works of Francis Bacon, that is one of my grate favourite painters (he was born in Dublin of course).

If you could move anywhere tomorrow, where would it be?
Dublin. Really.
How structured is your day usually?
I am quite disciplined. I work regularly on my illustrations every day. Once or twice a week I try to reach out art galleries, magazines and clients for some new business.

What did you do today?
This morning I went for a long walk on the West Pier ( as the sun was shining). In the afternoon I had 4/5 espressos (I needed all of them). And at 6 pm I did lit up the fire. I also managed to finish up an Illustration for Andy Magazine. A classic Friday.
Are you a cat or dog person?
Dog

Are you a breakfast, lunch or dinner guy?
Dinner.

If you had 6 friends over for Dinner what would you make for them?
Six friends for dinner are a lot. In this case you need a bigger pot. Anyway I will make the most exquisite Spaghetti with Clams for them all, I will produce a bottle of White French Sancerre, and serve everything with a bit of imagination.
How old were you when you knew you were on the right path in your Life?
29

Who /what drove & inspired your love to create?
The novelist Milan Kundera and painter David Hockney.
Tell us something not too many people know about you.
I read palms.
What was the last book you read?
Stanley Spencer’s Letters and Writings (Stanley Spencer, English Painter, 1891-1959)

What advice would you give others just starting out?
To try to creat their artistic works as if they had to create their own imaginary world.


Name 5 blogs you love visiting:
www.Scamp.ie
www.yayeveryday.com
www.body-collector.com
www.escapeintolife.com/
http://design-milk.com/




See MORE of  Mario at his WEBSITE HERE .
Thank you SO much Mario for taking part in our Tell ALL Tuesdays and being one of our February Sponsors!

Next week I will be introducing a Canadian Artist...stay tuned!!!

HAPPY PANCAKE DAY...if you've forgotten :-)

UPDATE:: MARIO HAS JUST INFORMED ME ABOUT ANOTHER INTERVIEW WHICH IS OVER AT SCAMP TODAY...GO HERE to read more about Mario!
Ciao for now...
Char,ON

8 comments:

The Josie Baggley Company said...

Well hi there & glad tidings fromn Dublin City!
This is the weirdest thing.- I've been blogging for about a year. Not once have I actually come accross anther Irish blog online(don't get me wrong,- I know there are alot out there but I just haven't met them yet!). But TODAY I have by chance bumped into THREE Irish bloggys and now this blog is featuring an artist who lives in MY neck of the woods!How cool is that eh? I live a few minutes from the sea also. Mario's work is great. He has a definite style going on there. Very confident with colour & form.
Glad I popped by now petals!
Rainey

**WE BLOG ARTISTS** said...

Thanks for passing by Rainey...we hope you'll be back...yes, Mario's work is awesome!
Have a grande day!
Char

Bonnie Heather said...

Todays blog about Mario was great but I'm writing to tell you I've selected your site for the Sunshine Award because you bring so much joy to us.

I'll have your award ready for pick up in a few minutes.

myletterstoemily said...

thanks for sharing such a delightful
artist. love his work.

look forward to many visits here...so unlike
my drab little blog. :)

blessings,
lea

CARMELINA LOUNSBURY said...

Bravo Mario...

what wonderful, colourful, and vividly creative artwork...

Bellisimo...

ciao
carmelina

PROVINS said...

Happy pancake day to you aswel!! I had some today!!

Mary Sheehan Winn said...

Mario's art is wonderful. I'm going to share a link on my blog. As you can tell by my name I have Irish roots.

serena & mario sughi said...

Thanks to all of you. You have been too generous with me and thanks for hosting my work on "We blog artists". It was a great pleasure. Ciaooooo

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin