Monday, August 16, 2010

CELEBRATIONS!!!!

Good morning fabulous readers...I have a few Celebrations to share with you...
Happy Birthday Tam *-)
Tam's Birthday was on Saturday just passed...I missed posting completely this weekend because Mr. R and I ran the City Chase Urban adventure...
SO a BIG shout out to Tam...HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!! I know her man was taking her somewhere special. They just moved house...which means their internet connection is NOt up and running yet...but we'll hear from her soon I am sure.
HAPPY Birthday Silke :-)
Another birthday which I kind of missed...because blogger was acting up on Friday where I couldn't leave comments to certain friends...Char and Silke being 2 of them...anyway...SILKE, I hope you had a WONDERFUL Birthday weekend!!!
To my Mr.R
I ran the City Chase with my husband on Saturday and we came in 5th out of 470 teams...we had such an awesome day working together on some of the challenges...for those of you that don't know too much about it...it's an Urban Adventure Race series which reminds me of the Amazing Race and Fear Factor put together.
Pythons around our necks and eating crickets...obstacle courses...etc etc...there are lots of photos on their website, we didn't take our camera this weekend as one year racing we dropped it...and had to get a new one.
We've been running this Race for the past 6 years...it pushes us to exercise and make sure we're fit enough to run it. The course is open for 6 hours...we did it in 2 and a half!!!
I know many of you reside in the States...they have a Chicago,Denver,Philadelphia,Seattle,Dallas,San Diego,Austin, New York City....
There are still 4 Cities in the States and Vancouver in Canada where you can participate in this year.
You don't have to be SUPER fit...many people do the Race for fun, to try new things...
LAST SHOUT OUT::
TO Mum :-))
As many of you know we went over to the UK to be with my Mum whilst she had her double Hip replacement...
Well, that was July 10th.
Today is August 16th and she is walking without crutches!!!! AMAZING.
Love you Mum...(and Dad...you have done SO well at taking care of Mum)

phew...thanks for reading...listening.
Now I can start our week.

How was your weekend?
Did you Celebrate anything?

We're back tomorrow with a VERY special Tell ALL Tuesdays...she's a comic Illustrator who's AWESOME!...so make sure to come and have a peak into her daily goings on.

HUGS
Char.x.
(the above embroidery is for a new project I am working on...)

6 comments:

pilli pilli said...

Oh wow! It looks like you two had a really EXCITING day there! (I guess maybe... yes, maybe I would like to do something like that mith my F. one day... save the crickets perhaps. Speaking of which... they were dead when you ate them, right?) :}

And then of course CONGRATULATIONS to those BIRTHDAY gals!

*hearts*
pilli pilli

PS. I think your mum really deserves to be congratulated too!
That's a long way to come in a little over a month. She must be areally strong and brave person.

Linda Gilbert said...

Thank you so much for popping over to my blog. I love the tiniest chair too! Wonderful news of your Mum.
Kindest Regards Linda

Silke said...

Thank you, thank you for the wonderful wishes for my birthday! And Happy Birthday to Tam, congrants to you and your husband AND to your mom on such a speedy recovery!! I'm in frantically getting ready to fly to Germany tomorrow... Sending a big hug!! Silke

Char said...

yay for happy recoveries!!! :)

Jen said...

That race sounds like so much fun! You guys rocked it! :0)

That's great about your mom, too.

Happy Birthdays all around!

cindy said...

happy birthday, tam!!! great for you both in he race and for your mum!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin