Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Tuesdays tastings...muffins for mini Miss B

 Unfortunately I don't have an interview for you today...BUT I do have a "Tuesday tasing" for you...I don't bake much because I like tweeking recipes...it's a little like painting...and with baking you never know if the outcome will be good or not.
Do you ever wonder what to give your children in their lunch boxes for school?
It's really hard as their school is nut free...and they ask for healthy snacks...
So...this morning , I spoke with Tam...and realized I had missed Mini Miss B's Birthday yesterday...HAPPY BIRTHDAY Mini Miss B!!!(Tam said she would post later today...) anyway...I thought I would bake these in honour of Mini Miss B...Oatmeal and Chocolate Chip Carrot Muffins...healthy and sweet!
 I did cheat...I had a packet of Oatmeal muffin mix in my cupboard...so I added Chocolate chips,1 large grated carrot and an egg(which the muffin recipe packet called for) and 1/2 a cup of water...baked them in the oven for 18 minutes at 400 degrees...
et voila!
They really are delicious...and no taste of healthiness as all... JUST what kids like!
I used the Quaker muffin mix. Not too sweet...
WHAT do you add to your Muffins??

Thanks for stopping by...
HUGS
Char.x

3 comments:

Mice Aliling said...

I adore your foodography. Makes me hungry :)

Sandy K. said...

I wish I could tell you what I add to muffins...but I'm afraid I'm a recipe-follower. No imagination for cooking, and my daughter has inherited this "quality." I would NEVER have thought to put carrots in a chocolate chip recipe - no, never! Did it hide the chocolate flavor? Okay...I may have to try it.

We Blog Artists said...

nope...the chocolate chips still shone through!
try it!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin