Sunday, October 16, 2011

claro oscuro





























hello...
I hope you've enjoyed your weekend...
I do feel bad I haven't visited this past couple of weeks...Life is crazy at the moment...I am juggling way too many balls...
I have been concentrating on our Mamas and Chicks Show which is in 5 days!
On Saturday I had my second Art Class "Learn to Draw"....this week we concentrated on proportioning and Claro Oscuro...otherwise known as Light and Dark. (mine is the top image...and the student you see working away was working on her second one in the middle image) They did really well for their first time working with charcoal...you have to remember to not mess up the white of the image...keep it clean...a little like watercolours!
I have to go...I'm off to make Tooth Fairy Pillows.
hugs to you all.
I'll post my progress throughout the week...and you'll have to forgive me if I am not visiting this week again...each second is precious!


Char.x 

3 comments:

Tara said...

I have yet to keep everything clean when I work with charcoal but it doesn't stop me from enjoying the process.

Cindy said...

you should not feel bad. busy is good!

We Blog Artists said...

Thanks ladies...
Tara...I love getting messy too...but I am trying to teach the little ones how to control the charcoal...it's fun.

Cindy, I know...Busy is great!
xx

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin