Monday, August 31, 2009

English cousins...


we miss them all terribly!
It's funny to think that one day all their age differences won't determine their relative size.
I have a feeling Tristan (far left) and our Jordan (with the pompoms) will tower over all the other cousins.
Things could change...my brother was always tiny, very similar to Ashley's frame...and at 15 he sprouted to 6ft 2inches...we have a lot of height in our Family...Scandinavians seem to be naturally tall. My Dad is 6ft 2 and Mum is 5,11, Aunt is 6,2...my grandparents were tall too...and what did my sister and I get...a mere 5ft 4.5 inches.
Stick around...hey, in a few years this sketch could look VERY different.

We had a wonderful weekend...celebrating Birthdays, visiting wonderful cities...and spending quality time together...my kind of weekend!
We went to Kingston again because hubbie was scuba diving out there.
Kingston is one of the oldest cities in Canada, and has so many beautiful Century homes...I would have loved to have taken pictures but it poured yesterday...the girls and I spent most of the morning running for cover from those OH so LARGE raindrops...you know the ones where if you step out in the rain you feel like someone just dumped a bucket full of water on you...
We still managed to catch the Antique's market and buy a few TinTin comic books and a few Dr.Suess books for the girls. Classics seem to be treasured here in this home. Ashley loves comics...and the TinTin books captured her imagination for a good few hours on our trip yesterday...that's when you know you've bought something worthwhile.

I'm cleaning the house today, getting ready for the start of school next week...I feel like I need to purge a little.
I realized that I use maybe a 1/3 of my wardrobe(I have T-shirts still from 9 years ago), and the girls are growing out of their clothes...
I'd like to keep some of the girls fabrics for future craft projects...but what to do?

Any ideas friends? Have you saved your kids pretty dresses or tops because you couldn't part with the memory?
I'd love to hear your thoughts.

Char,On

8 comments:

pilli pilli said...

Are more kids no option? ;)

We Blog Artists said...

Oh...not fore us...perhaps for my sister so that Morton would have a little sibling.
LOVE your landscape photos this morning...beautiful!
Char

Char said...

beautiful drawing. I would donate any clothes no longer wanted to goodwill or some other kind of charity.

We Blog Artists said...

Yeah, I do that as well...but the special pieces I would like to keep or re-make something special...I read that dresses can be extended at the bottom quite easily...so I'll try that on the dresses of our girls.
Char

Giovanna said...

Hi! Beautiful illustration! When I have clothes that don't fit, but I want to keep, I usually make a cute bag with the fabric or maybe a little makeup bag. And if you have little dress that only needs to be modified at the lenght, I'd add some ruffles on the hem so they'd look even cuter.
Hope that helps a little
xoxo
Giovanna
www.bohomarket.blogspot.com

ElizabethJane. said...

Thanks for the add!

You're drawings are lovely :)

Giovanna said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Giovanna said...

You're very welcome Char! Thanks for the sweet comment about my work! I really appreciate you took the tome to come to my blog and check out my work :)
I do sell my designs to people who ask me a design or sketch, but nobody in particular. I'm also a freelance designer. I'll be selling my illustrartions/designs in a online store soon, so stay tuned :)
xoxo
Giovanna
www.bohomarket.blogspot.com

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin