Thursday, November 19, 2009

thread races

keeping the girls busy this morning...teaching a 3 and 5 year old how to sew...
but first...they have to learn also how to place the embroidery thread on the little paper spools.
lots of hand eye coordination...and...look at how many they have to do!
Thank you ALL for your well wishes, prayers and thoughts with regards to my Dad...I had a tough day yesterday...but your comments helped SO much.
I am blessed I have good friends and family around...and SO fortunate I have made some very wonderful friends through this Blogging World.
Thanks for being there.
What are you keeping busy with today?
I have to start those 2 paintings which have been put to the side for these past couple of days...and then have a hip-hop dance class to go to this evening. (haha...yeah...I just see it as a 45 minute work out),
I'll give you an update of how things are later.
HUGS.
Char,ON

12 comments:

...Nina Nixon... said...

Beautiful threads and how well to teach a 3 and 5 year old.

Hope all's well with you and your dad?

Nina x

MagicMarkingsArt said...

what a thoughtful post to have after your tough day yesterday...embroidery and the threads of life - joyful in colorful, frustrating in missed stitches, a gift worth sharing and in the end - beautiful.

Silke Powers said...

Oh, how fun! This reminds me of myself being little and learning how to sew. I remember how I just LOVED sewing on buttons. My mom had a button collection that I played with for hours... I am glad you are having a colorful day!! Love, Silke

Cindy said...

i love the hearts on your daughter's t-shirt! happy sewing, almost ;)!

The Stewart Stuff said...

I'm sad I'm a day late on checking your blog. Please keep us updated on your dad. We will keep him in our prayers!!! Hang in there!!!

We Blog Artists said...

Oh...you're all so FABulous...thank for your heartfelt comments and well wishes.
HUGS.
Char.x.

amy and ann said...

How sweet and fun. I love those creations! Keep them frame them make then into a pillow. What a delight!

ann

BT said...

Oh well done for teaching your two how to sew and thread the silk onto card. Fantastic.

PROVINS said...

Really like the first one.. Its almost art!

prashant said...

This reminds me of myself being little and learning how to sew. I remember how I just LOVED sewing on buttons


Web hosting india

Raru said...

Hi .. it's nice to be here.
You have a great blog :-)

Raru
79ideas.org

TMFA said...

Loving the hearts :)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin