Friday, April 9, 2010

Shuttle me to bed!

Well today my little boy is 4 years old.... and I've just finished his cake so thought I would share it with you all before I drag myself to bed!

He is really into space, rockets and the shuttle at the moment, having watched it take off last weekend he was very excited about being a grown up big boy as he would then be able to fly his own rocket up to the moon. Funnily enough when he was about 2, I remember a night-time drive with him sitting in the back talking to Mr Moon through the sunroof, inviting Mr Moon to breakfast with him and telling him all the things he would be able to have for his breakfast and what they would do together for the day, this conversation went on for pretty much the whole hour journey home and still makes me smile thinking about it. It was the sweetest insight into his wandering mind and the first of many imaginary and wonderful conversations he would have with various characters. Now I have a little boy who switches on my computer when I'm not looking, goes to open firefox and puts NASA into the address bar to find Buzz Lightyear on NASA kids club so that he can play all the games and build rockets! I'll have to get that parental control going before too long!!
Excuse the artistic licence of the Union Jack!

Anyway the list of things to do for the space themed party is getting smaller so I think I will head off and get some shut eye before dawn! Love the fan page Char, I never even knew they existed! I'm a fan of yours, page or no page! xxx Night night all xxx
Tam, UK

10 comments:

Kelly Berkey said...

super cool cake! very artistic...have fun tomorrow!
hugs,
kelly

We Blog Artists said...

WOW TAM!!! SUPER cool Cake...guess who LOVED it? YUP...my Mr.R!
SO spectacular ...
OH, HAPPY BIRTHDAY JACK! You have the BEST MAMMA!!!
Can you believe they're 4 this year!!!!!
Miss you Tam...
HUGS
Char

Two Happy Stampers said...

Oh my goodness! I hope your son appreciates this! You did a great job on it. =)

andrea creates said...

Wow that is a fancy cake!
Have a great day :)

Tam Hess said...

Oh clever you! What a lucky son you have. Boys LOVE fun cakes, even when they are teens! xoxo

We Blog Artists said...

Thank you all! I do love decorating them, I think it's a sugar rush as I eat as many sweets as I can put on it! He had a great day!

lorenabr said...

Cool cake

Stefanie Beyeler said...

Wow, such a great cake! All the best for your little spaceman...

The Stewart Stuff said...

That cake is awesome! Good work!!!

Jaime @ laviejaime said...

Wow, what an amazing cake! it's perfect! Hope he had a fantastic birthday!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin