Friday, May 27, 2011

Friday faces...

HAPPY FRIDAY everyone...and soon we'll be welcoming June! Another really speedy month has just flown by us.
I am in the process of working on another Hoop Portrait for a wonderful lady in the USA...she has a blog too,so if you'd like to go and say hello...please do.
In the photo above you can see some of my books which will all follow me down into my studio in maybe 2 weeks!!!
Mudding (plastering) and sanding is probably my LEAST favourite job...but it has to be done!

We went to the National Ballet for a Tour of their rehearsal studio yesterday...and saw them rehearsing ALICE! Which if some of you remember we'll be going to see in a couple of weeks time...SO excited.
The girls thoroughly enjoyed being able to identify characters during rehearsal...Ballet dancers are SO strong and make everything look SO easy...very inspiring. I could have sat there all day and watched them dance!

 I have another day of sanding and then I'll be priming today...getting closer to

I hope you all have a lovely weekend...

HUGS
Char.x

9 comments:

PoetessWug said...

I like the Hoop Portrait! And I like the idea of being able to see your finished studio soon too!! :-)

andrea creates said...

nice portraits!
can't wait to see the studio-
i'm contemplating taking on painting my entryway(2 floors worth).we'll see if i get around to that ;)
have a super weekend, and thanks for stopping by!

Anonymous said...

Pretty portraits.

Check out our {this moment} http://makehappyblog.com
J via makehappyblog.com

Susan said...

Such a wonderful technique you've developed with the hoop portraits. Can't wait to see the finished studio...how exciting. XOXO

Cindy said...

the hoop portrait is just lovely, char. enjoy your weekend!

Kim4leafclover said...

You know I love the portrait ;)
Have a fabulous weekend Char!
Big Hugs Kimberly

Sandy K. said...

What a wonderful project, and the move to your new studio will be a wonderful treat. Loads of books, I see. If/when I have to move - the books are the biggest problem! So many, and all are "necessary." Have a great weekend.

Tara said...

Ballet dancers always make me think I can do it too. Then I come to my senses and realize the truth. The hoop looks great.

Nilofer said...

Awesome potrait. Do visit my blog and leave your footprints by posting comments

http://parentingworkshop.blogspot.com/
http://fun-with-mails.blogspot.com/

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin