Wednesday, August 3, 2011

sketchy and painterly portraits...








































I know...it's Wednesday...and I could have posted these in my regular "Wordless Wednesday" BUT...I needed to explain...
The first Portrait started off as a sketch, a 25 minute sketch followed by an  hour painting (if that!)...and then our Miss J wanted hers done...but she kept moving...so Miss J turned out to be 12 years older than she actually is. I didn't really get to finish it...but oh well...
I am working on another commission this week...I'll try to remember to take photos of it's progress.

The Laundry is waiting for me...gotta go.

HUGS
Char.x

5 comments:

Susan said...

Your portraits are so beautifully lifelike and you're able to capture the essence of the person so the viewer feels like he/she knows them! What an incredible gift. XOXO

We Blog Artists said...

Thanks Susan, you're so sweet.
Thanks for passing by!
Have a great weekend.
Char.x

Kiki aka Victoria said...

Wow..these are both such gorgeous pieces..beautifully done..inspiring!
victoria

We Blog Artists said...

Thank you Victoria!

Tara said...

Beautifully done, Char.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin